Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I Make Pretty and Shiny Things

I'm Liza and I design statement jewellery. The Jewel Box Ballerina Blog came from the little ballerina that twirls inside my mother's jewellery box. As a child, I love sneaking it on lazy afternoons to play with the little ballerina and my mother's jewelry in it. It was with these secret rendezvous that sparked my interest in jewelry design.

But the passion in jewelry design faded in my growing years when I started having interest in the socio-political landscape of the Philippines. I went to grade school, high school, and college thinking that I wanted to take up Law and I wanted to be the President of the Philippines. After college, I realized that my real love is not in politics but in art. It took me a while to realize that it is my true passion to make the pretty and shiny things that the little jewel box ballerina used to dance with.

No comments:

Post a Comment